K type fiance

A fiance´(e) is a person who is engaged or contracted to be married. The marriage must be legally possible according to laws of the state in the United States where the marriage will take place. In general, the two people must have met in person within the past two years. The Department of Homeland Security’s U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) grants some exceptions to this requirement. For example, it may be contrary in some traditions for a man and woman to meet before marriage.

Sometimes the USCIS considers a person a "fiance´(e)" even though a marriage contract has been concluded. In such cases, the American citizen petitioner and his/her spouse have not met, and they have not consummated the marriage. The consular section at the embassy or consulate where you, the fiance´(e) of an American citizen, will apply for a visa, will tell you about any additional specific requirements that you need to fulfill to complete your visa application, such as where you need to go for the required medical examination. During the interview process, an ink-free, digital fingerprint scan will be taken. Some visa applications require further administrative processing, which takes additional time after the visa applicant’s interview by a Consular Officer.

The following is required:

  • A passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond the applicant’s intended period of stay in the United States (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions).
  • Birth certificate.
  • Divorce or death certificate of any previous spouse for both the applicant and the petitioner.
  • Police certificate from all places lived since age 16.
  • Medical examination (vaccinations are optional, see below).
  • Evidence of financial support (Form I-134, Affidavit of Support, may be requested).
  • Two Non immigrant Visa Applications.
  • One Non immigrant Fiance´(e) Visa Application, non immigrant visa photos (each two inches 50 X 50 mm square, showing full face, against a light background)
  • Evidence of a fiance´(e) relationship.
  • Payment of fees, as explained below.
The consular officer may ask for additional information according to the circumstances of the case. Documents in foreign languages should be translated..